Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time Flies!

We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary at The Children's Place orphanage! It is amazing to believe that it has been 5 years since the doors opened in 2003. Even more amazing is to think that I have been here going on 6 years now! It seems like such a short time ago that I first arrived here...in the dead of winter and froze! Now, anything above 30 is warm to me. Ha!

This past week we held a big celebration with about 60 in attendance at the orphanage. We welcomed adopted children, staff, government officials and friends to celebrate with us this milestone in caring for Mongolian children. The children performed a concert and drama. Very cute. I posted some pictures in the RECENT PHOTOS section to the right. Enjoy!

I am off to the Gobi desert now for a few days! More later! :-)

No comments: