Sunday, August 10, 2008

Let the Games Begin!

I am in Beijing for the Olympic Games. A few years ago when I heard that the Olympics would be in Beijing in 2008, I said I definitely would go if I was still living on this side of the world....well, years later, I am still here, so I am at the games!! I met up with my friend Sarah and we have tickets for several events. We didn't get the tix for the Opening Ceremony, but we watched it with some very excited Chinese!! The torch lighting was truly amazing! Go Mongo! Go China! and Go USA!! (okay, my friend Sanna, a shout out to Finland, too! Go Finns!)

Last night we got to watch NBCs Today Show being filmed with Lester and Jenna! Sarah and I were in the background holding a sign that said "Hey Orlando!". We got some pics of us there, so that was fun. We had tickets yesterday for the men's Artistic Gymnastics, and they were great. Tonite we have tix for the women's Artistic Gymnastics. Maybe we will try to get on the Today Show again as they are filming there all week.

So, get up early and watch the Today Show all week!! Maybe you will catch us waving!

More from Beijing later...

No comments: